Dates and Times:
June 17th,18th, 24th, 25th
Train 1 Departure: 10:00am Return: 12:45pm
Train 2 Departure: 11:30am Return: 2:15pm
Train 3: Departure: 1:00pm Return: 3:45pm
Duration of Event: 2 hours and 45 minutes
Ticket Price: Adult- $32* Child-$24*
*Fares subject to a 7% Historic Preservation Fee
All Aboard the T-REX Express to the Dinosaur Discovery Zone! The T-REX Express is a dinosaur-themed event geared towards kids who want to learn about dinosaurs. To earn the title of Junior Paleontologist, you will gather evidence of dinosaurs through fun and educational undertakings. The event begins at the Durango Depot with professional photos with a real life T-REX Skeleton as he roams around looking for a meal.
Then take an exciting 30 minute train ride through Durango and the Animas Valley as you prepare to step back in time to the Mesozoic Era. During the train journey, contents of each childs paleo pouch will be revealed and discussed by the on-board safari guides who will teach them about what they will explore when they reach the Dinosaur Discovery Zone!
After they arrive, children will have an opportunity to have fun while learning about dinosaurs and their Evidence Collection Cards will help them gather proof that dinosaurs did once roam the earth.
Activities at the Dinosaur Discovery Zone:
• Live Musical Entertainment with dinosaur-themed songs and the featured Dino Stomp Line Dance
• Raptor Tractor Ride through the Mesozoic Era
• Colorado Gators Live Reptile Exhibit
• Bouncy Houses
• Crustacean Crafts
• Temporary Tattoos and Dinosaur themed face painting
• Dino Diner Food Tent featuring kid-friendly fare (Meal Prices range from $5-$10)
• Paleontologists from the New Mexico Museum of Natural History & Science
• Paleontologists from Fort Lewis College Department of Geo Science: Dr. Jon Powell
• Fossil Finders Excavation
• Coprolite Corral
• Prehistoric Putt Putt
• Boxelder Bug Exhibit
• Pteranodon Station
• Snowcones- Lion's Club Fundraiser
After an exhilerating 90 minutes at the Dinosaur Discovery Zone, it's once again time to board the T-REX Express to Durango! On board the return train ride, children will receive a delicious Dinosaur snack from their train car attendant. And the moment you've been waiting for, earning the title of Jr. Paleontologist! A T-REX Express Junior Paleontologist badge will be given to each child before arriving at the Durango Depot!
Book online or call 1-888-872-4607 to book T-REX Express.
Parking: All Day Parking is available at the Durango & Silverton Narrow Gauge Parking lot. Cost is $8.00.