The railroad has diligently consulted with our local health authority, and we are happy to report that our operating plan meets with approval for us to operate as planned. On May 1st, our Summer Cascade Season kicked off with the Cascade Canyon Express which departs from our Durango Depot. On May 22nd, our Silverton Summer Season begins with trains departing from Durango and traveling to Silverton daily! Beginning May 19, 2021, all trains will be operating at 100% capacity.
As always, the D&SNGRR remains fully committed to ensuring the health and well-being of its guests, employees, vendors, and business partners, and it fully supports all local, state and federal government health regulatory agencies overseeing COVID-19 restrictions and hygiene protocols. The company manages its train excursions, special events, and all railroad facilities with strict adherence to rigorous safety practices and procedures, including high-frequency sanitation of commonly-touched surfaces and the required wearing of face masks/coverings at all times by those aged 10 and over aboard the train and throughout all facilities. If you have a reservation for any car, either open air or enclosed, we will be operating at 100% capacity on all cars beginning May 19, 2021.
What to Expect
Traveling to Durango
- Durango and the state of Colorado have reached a phase which allows businesses like ours to remain open along with certain health and safety protocols in place.
- Beginning May 19th, face coverings are optional in the city of Durango. The city’s resolution states that the city will no longer “actively enforce a mask wearing requirement.” The city’s resolution allows businesses to make their own decisions about requiring masks.
- Colorado order D 2020 138 requires all individuals over ten (10) years old wear a face covering over their noses and mouths when entering or moving within any public indoor space or while waiting outside in public areas for transportation services like taxis, trains, buses, etc.
- If you are sick, experiencing symptoms, or have been around those who are sick, please do not visit or travel away from home.
- Find more Durango specific guidelines here.
Enhanced Safety Measures
- Increased frequency of cleaning and disinfecting stations, seats after concluding excursions, and stricter protocols for cleaning all high-contact surfaces.
- Distributed hand sanitizer across the property.
- Sanitizing products used are all approved by the CDC and effectively eliminate the COVID-19 virus.
- Face masks are required of all staff and guests aged 10 and over while on train property as required by federal law until Sept. 13th.
Current Excursions and Experiences
Worry-Free and Flexible Booking
Purchase with Confidence
- Until May 23, 2021, the D&S will waive all change or cancellation fees related to COVID for existing reservations. After May 23, the D&S will continue to waive only change fees related to COVID on existing reservations through July 1, 2021.
- If you have made an error in your reservation or wish to change or cancel, please call us directly at (970) 247-2733 or (888) 872-4607. Cancellations and changes to existing reservations CANNOT be processed using the online system
- Customers who wish to rebook their train tickets are advised to send an email to [email protected] with the following information: date, time, steam or diesel service, and Coach or Gondola seating preferred. We will respond with confirmation of the change when processed.
- Customers may also call to rebook Monday-Friday 8a-4:30p by phone 1-877-872-4607