TSA requires that masks/face coverings be worn within our Depot, in our Museum and onboard enclosed train coaches when windows are not opened, regardless of our patrons’ vaccination status. Due to the colder high country weather during fall and winter, and thus our inability to keep windows open at all times, please be advised that masks or approved face coverings must be brought with you and worn when riding in our enclosed standard and premium class coaches with windows closed effective on Oct. 15th, 2021 until further notice. Face coverings will not be required when riding in our open gondola class cars. However, masks will still be required when visiting the concession car and restrooms, and also when passing through closed cars at any time.
As always, the D&SNGRR remains fully committed to ensuring the health and well-being of its guests, employees, vendors, and business partners. It fully supports all local, state and federal government health regulatory agencies overseeing COVID-19 restrictions and hygiene protocols. The company manages its train excursions, special events, and all railroad facilities with strict adherence to rigorous safety practices and procedures.
What to Expect
Traveling to Durango
- Durango and the state of Colorado allows businesses like ours to remain open with health and safety protocols in place. The Transportation Security Administration has extended the face mask requirement for all transportation networks in the U.S. through Jan. 18, 2022. The mask requirement applies to Durango Transit trolleys and buses, the Transit Center, Durango-La Plata County Airport, the D&S Train, and on commercial aircraft. Masks are available on transit vehicles and at airline counters and the TSA screening checkpoint at the airport.
- Beginning May 19th, face coverings are optional in the City of Durango. The city’s resolution states that the city will no longer “actively enforce a mask wearing requirement.” The city’s resolution allows businesses to make their own decisions about requiring masks.
- If you are sick, experiencing symptoms, or have been around those who are sick, please stay home.
- Find more Durango specific guidelines here.
Enhanced Safety Measures
- Stricter protocols for cleaning all high-contact surfaces.
- Distributed hand sanitizer across the property.
- Sanitizing products used are all approved by the CDC and effectively eliminate the COVID-19 virus.
- Per TSA requirements, Durango & Silverton guests are required to wear face masks while inside the public areas of the depot and museum and while onboard trains when windows are closed.
Current Excursions and Experiences
Worry-Free and Flexible Booking
Purchase with Confidence
- Until May 23, 2021, the D&S waived all change or cancellation fees related to COVID for existing reservations. After May 23, the D&S will waive only change fees related to COVID on existing reservations through July 1, 2021.
- If you have made an error in your reservation or wish to change or cancel, please call us directly at (970) 247-2733 or (888) 872-4607. Cancellations and changes to existing reservations CANNOT be processed using the online system
- Customers who wish to rebook their train tickets are advised to send an email to [email protected] with the following information: date, time, steam or diesel service, and Coach or Gondola seating preferred. We will respond with confirmation of the change when processed.
- Customers may also call to rebook Monday-Friday 7am-6:30pm by phone 1-877-872-4607