The railroad has diligently consulted with our local health authority, and we are happy to report that our operating plan meets with approval for us to operate as planned. On May 1st, our Summer Cascade Season kicked off with the Cascade Canyon Express. On May 22nd, our Silverton Summer Season begins with trains departing from Durango and traveling to Silverton daily!
As always, the D&SNGRR remains fully committed to ensuring the health and well-being of its guests, employees, vendors, and business partners, and it fully supports all local, state and federal government health regulatory agencies overseeing COVID-19 restrictions and hygiene protocols. The company manages its train excursions, special events, and all railroad facilities with strict adherence to rigorous safety practices and procedures, including high-frequency sanitation of commonly-touched surfaces; the required wearing of face masks/coverings at all times aboard the train and throughout all facilities; the continuation of practicing social distancing in passenger coaches. If you have a reservation for an open gondola car on your upcoming train excursion, we will be operating at 100% capacity on all open cars including the Knight Sky and Silver Vista beginning May 1, 2021. If you have a reservation for an enclosed coach car of any class, we will continue to operate at 50% capacity until mid-May or until an update in health department orders is issued.
What to Expect
Traveling to Durango
- Durango and the state of Colorado have reached a phase which allows businesses like ours to remain open along with certain health and safety protocols in place.
- Regardless of where you are while in public, take care to remain at least six feet from others not in your household.
- Face coverings are required in Durango. City of Durango order #2020-08 requires all persons to wear a face-covering when entering, or waiting in line to enter a business within the City of Durango, regardless of whether they have a fever or symptoms of COVID-19. A federal mandate also requires the wearing of masks.
- Colorado order D 2020 138 requires all individuals over ten (10) years old wear a face covering over their noses and mouths when entering or moving within any public indoor space or while waiting outside in public areas for transportation services like taxis, trains, buses, etc.
- If you are sick, experiencing symptoms, or have been around those who are sick, please do not visit or travel away from home.
- Find more Durango specific guidelines here.
Enhanced Safety Measures
- Increased frequency of cleaning and disinfecting stations, seats after concluding excursions, and stricter protocols for cleaning all high-contact surfaces.
- Distributed hand sanitizer across the property.
- Sanitizing products used are all approved by the CDC and effectively eliminate the COVID-19 virus.
- Practicing social distancing (Social Distancing Protocols are in place).
- Colorado and mask mandate requires all staff and guests to wear a mask or facial covering while on property.
- Operating trains at no more than 50% occupancy in enclosed coaches and at 100% in open air cars beginning May 1, 2021.
- Open windows in all cars on all current excursions.
Current Excursions and Experiences
- We’re thrilled to offer the Cascade Canyon Express Train! This excursion features a historic steam train traveling 26 miles each way on a 5-hour round trip train ride to Cascade Canyon. Departing from the Durango Depot, this trip takes you up into the Rocky Mountains with views of the San Juan National Forest as you travel alongside the beautiful Animas River while relaxing in heated coaches.
- You are welcome to relive the train’s vibrant history through our heritage museum.
- To book the Cascade Canyon Express, click here.
Worry-Free and Flexible Booking
Purchase with Confidence
- Until May 23, 2021, the D&S will waive all change or cancellation fees related to COVID for existing reservations. After May 23, the D&S will continue to waive only change fees related to COVID on existing reservations through July 1, 2021.
- If you have made an error in your reservation or wish to change or cancel, please call us directly at (970) 247-2733 or (888) 872-4607. Cancellations and changes to existing reservations CANNOT be processed using the online system
- Customers who wish to rebook their train tickets are advised to send an email to [email protected] with the following information: date, time, steam or diesel service, and Coach or Gondola seating preferred. We will respond with confirmation of the change when processed.
- Customers may also call to rebook Monday-Friday 8a-4:30p by phone 1-877-872-4607